Sidi Charamouch
So let's check out that stunning mountain again, that needs no description:

I took this photograph on the way to Sidi Charamouch, a seasonal village with a lovely waterfall for trekkers through the Toubkal massif and for Moroccan pilgrims visiting the domed marabout shrine just across the river (there is a modern bridge to the shrine, which non-Muslims are forbidden, via a very big sign, to enter). Marabouts are the tombs of holy men that have become centers for pilgrimage and Berber in origin--and thus this shrine in the Berber country of the High Atlas. We walked the Toubkal trail to get to Sidi Charamouch: the trail zig-zags all the way up the Djebel Toubkal, to the very. tippy. top.
But the goats were making better time up the mountain than we were:
And it's spawning season up in them there mountains, so we saw a continuous stream of baby goats--some (like this one) bawling for its mother:
And finally, just to prove I have real appreciation for wilderness and snow and gorgeous mountain views, here is a picture of me...with my back to that stunning view...on my mobile phone...to the office. Ah well. It was a short call.

3 Comments:
Thank goodness you had reception—phew!
I know! I was so relieved! :-)
Hmm, yours works on mountaintops and Jennifer's breaks at sea level. Funny that.
Post a Comment
<< Home