Catching Up: Paris
So in a desperate attempt to catch up on the weeks of blog posts I've missed because of travel and, well, lots of fun over British summer, I'm giving up on dating any posts and will just spurt them out in random order as seems fit to me...Now it seems fit to me to post something on my trip to Paris that I took, er, some weeks ago, which also happened to be the opening weekend of the Da Vinci Code and that hair, so of course we rushed off to the Louvre to see the central symbols of "Blade and Chalice" (which, for those of who who have seen the movie, is nowhere near the entrance to the Museum where That Hair sees it, so who knows what theatrical creativity led to that shot.

The Louvre is a wonderful place with many an opportunity for photographing classical sculpture and reflecting upon its grace, beauty and mathematical perfection. And when the sculptures don't have heads, we get pictures of Thomas!
I can't decide which is better, the Code of Hammurabi -- which is awesome, by the way -- or the piece of meringue pie we ate in a cafe on a sidewalk in the sun. Hmmm.


1 Comments:
I note with pleasure that the meringue pie appears to have been nibbled into the rough shape of a horizontal Code of Hammurabi - the best of both worlds. As the wise saying goes: you may have your laws and eat them too.
Post a Comment
<< Home